T E N S E S
Pada bahasa
Inggris terdapat 3 pembagian waktu:
Past-Present-Future
(Lampau-Sekarang-masa
Depan)
Jadi, Tensesnya
pun dibagi berdasarkan waktu-waktu ini:
Simple Tenses
|
Tense
|
Arti
|
Pola
|
Ket. Waktu
|
Contoh Kalimat
|
|
Simple Present
|
-fakta umum
-kebiasaan |
They/we/I/you+V1
He/she/it+V1-s/es
|
Always,
usually, sometimes, seldom, never
|
Water consists
of hydrogen and oxygen.
|
|
Simple past
|
-Kegiatan yang
terjadi di masa lampau
-fakta di masa lampau |
S+V2
|
Yesterday, …
ago, last …
|
We did the Try
Out two days ago.
|
|
Simple Future
|
Kegiatan yang
akan terjadi di masa depan
|
S+will/shall+V1
S+be going to+V1
|
Tomorrow,
tonight,next …, soon
|
I will attend a
lecture at STAN next year.
Iam going to
attend a lecture at STAN next year.
|
Continuous Tense
|
Tense
|
Arti
|
Pola
|
(Contoh) Ket.
Waktu
|
Contoh Kalimat
|
|
Present Continuous
|
kegiatan yang sedang berlangsung saat ini
|
S+is/am/are+Ving
|
Now, right now,
this time
|
Mayu is studying right now.
|
|
Past Continuous
|
Kegiatan yang
sedang berlangsung di masa lampau
|
S+was/were+Ving
|
At eight
o’clock last night, last year at this time
|
Last year at
this time, they were attending school
|
|
Future Continuous
|
Kegiatan yang
akan sedang berlangsung dimasa depan
|
S+will+be+Ving
S+be going to+be+Ving
|
At this time
tomorrow, I am going to be sitting in class.
|
I will begin to
study at seven. You will come at eight. I will be studying when you
come.
|
Perfect Tense
|
Tense
|
Arti
|
Pola
|
Ket. Waktu
|
Contoh Kalimat
|
|
Present Perfect
|
kegiatan yang terjadi di masa lampau dengan
waktu yang tidak jelas.Jika ket. waktunya jelas, kita pake Simple Past.
Misal: He saw the movie last night.
|
S+have/has+V3
|
Already, since,
for
|
He has seen the movie for two hours.
|
|
Past Perfect
|
Kegiatan yang
sudah selesai sebelum kegiatan kedua dilakukan di masa lampau
|
S+had+V3
|
Until, when,
before, after, by the time
|
Andre had
already left before we got there
|
|
Future Perfect
|
Kegiatan yang
akan sudah selesai sebelum kegiatan kedua dilakukan di masa depan
|
S+will+have+V3
|
By the time, by
the end of this month, by 2016
|
She will
graduate in June. I will see her in July. By the time I see her, she will
have graduated.
|
Perfect Continuous
|
Tense
|
Arti
|
Pola
|
Ket. Waktu
|
Contoh Kalimat
|
|
Present Perfect Continuous
|
kegiatan yang dimulai di masa lalu dan masih
berlanjut hingga saat ini
|
S+have/has+been+Ving
|
For, since, all
morning,all day
|
It has been raining all day. It is still
raining right now.
|
|
Past Perfect Continuous
|
Kegiatan yang sedang
terjadi sebelum kegiatan kedua dilakukan di masa lampau
|
S+had+been+Ving
|
For,
since,before
|
The police had been looking for the criminal
for two years before they caught him
|
|
Future Perfect Continuous
|
Kegiatan yang
akan sedang terjadi sebelum kegiatan kedua dilakukan di masa depan
|
S+will have been+Ving
|
By the time, by
the end of this month, by 2016
|
Debbie will go
to bed at 11 pm. Jamal will get home at midnight. Debbie will have been sleeping
for an hour by the time Jamal gets home.
|
Penggabungan 2 kalimat di waktu lampau bisa 4 kemungkinan:
1.
While
While+Past
Continuous, Past Continuous/Simple Past
“While I was walking down the street, it began
to rain”
“While I was studying in my room, my brother
was having a party in the other room”
2.
When
Simple Past/
Past Continuous/Past Perfect/ Past Perfect Continuous +When+Simple Past
“I stood under a tree when it began to rain”
“I was standing under a tree when it began to
rain”
“She had already eaten when Ted arrived”
“He had been reading novel for two hours when
his parents came”
3.
Before
Past
Perfect/ Past Perfect Continuous+before+Simple Past
“Sam had gone to bed before the guess left”
“He had been reading novel for two hours
before his parents came”
4.
After
Simple
Past+after+Past Perfect
“The guess left after Sam had gone to bed”
Warning!
Kegiatan yang terjadi di masa lampau harus pake tenses PAST (simple past/past continuous/past perfect/past perfect continuous). Dan sebaliknya. Jangan ‘nyebrang’ ke jalan yang sesat!
Kegiatan yang terjadi di masa lampau harus pake tenses PAST (simple past/past continuous/past perfect/past perfect continuous). Dan sebaliknya. Jangan ‘nyebrang’ ke jalan yang sesat!
Misal “I
have been being a good boy all day yesterday” -> pake tenses present buat
kejadian di masa lampau, sesat! Harusnya “I was being a good boy all day
yesterday”
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar